According to the U.S. Department of Labor, in 2015 men’s earnings were growing twice as fast as women’s. Does it mean that the gender gap in earnings is widening despite many official measures aimed at fighting the pay inequality at workplace? The question remains: why women still earn less than men? Unfortunately, there is no a simple answer to this question. First, the data is not that straight forward as it can seem. Yes, men’s earnings were growing twice as much as women’s, but only during the first three quarters of 2015. In the fourth quarter of 2014 the growth was equal. In the third quarter of 2014 the difference […]
About This Site
Immigration to the USA is usually a complicated and long process. Sometimes you will need an immigration attorney right from the very beginning in order to understand whether you are qualified and what your chances are. Your next step, when you are already here, would be to look for a job. This is also a painstaking process that may take months. You will dramatically increase your chances, if you get acquainted with some basics of the US immigration and employment law.
This site aims at helping you better understand major immigration and employment rules and trends in the USA and the State of New York.
- New York New $15 Fast-Food Minimum Wage
- How Reliable Are Pre-Employment Tests?
- Family and Medical Leave (FMLA)
- Can Illegal Immigrants Be Legally Paid? – Hoffman Plastic Compounds, Inc. v. NLRB, 535 U.S. 137 (2002)
- Is Nepotism Always Illegal? – Kotch v. Board of River Port Pilot Commissioners, 330 U.S. 552 (1947)