US Lawsuit And Legal Representation
If you are facing a US lawsuit, do not delay and contact us as soon as possible to evaluate your situation, risks, and necessary steps. A lawsuit in the USA is a complicated and time sensitive process. You will need help of a US attorney. We are ready to offer you our professional expertise to make the whole process as smooth as possible, more efficient and cost effective for you.
- Detailed analysis of your situation in view of the coming US lawsuit.
- Complex strategy regarding a litigation in the USA and related issues.
- Legal representation of your interests in the USA litigation.
- Getting in touch with other law firms and forming a legal team to better address client’s needs if necessary.
- Planning and taking necessary actions in other jurisdictions in relation to the coming US lawsuit.
Express analysis of your situation related to the coming US lawsuit, evaluating the related risks.
Litigation in the USA
Defending the client’s interests in the US litigation: we can get in on any stage of the process.
Elaboration and implementation of a customized defense strategy with multiple scenarios.
Legal representation of a client by US attorneys in US lawsuits and other legal issues.
We specialize in defending physical persons whose business and personal interests are under attack in their countries and who cannot defend themselves there, because of human rights violations and legal system abuse in the countries of their origin.
However, even if those persons are fleeing to the USA and other democratic countries from unlawful persecution in their homeland, quite often the persecution continues in the form of lawsuits and other adversary actions. As a rule of thumb, the more assets a person has, the more often he or she becomes a target of lawsuits in the USA and other countries.
For instance, those persons can face a US lawsuit, because the opposing party is trying to:
- execute a decision of the foreign court,
- initiate a new US lawsuit, or
- request important documents and information, or other type of legal assistance in relation to a physical person corporate entity.
Almost always such actions presuppose a court decision in the USA. But how can the US court obtain a personal jurisdiction over a foreign person? There are many reasons why it can happen. For instance:
- You are US citizen (even if you do not reside in the USA).
- You are US permanent resident (green card holder).
- You are residing or resided in the past in the USA.
- You are in the USA now (your type of visa does not matter).
- You have or had a business in the USA.
- You have or had assets in the USA (money, stocks, real estate etc.).
- In an agreement that you signed the USA court is mentioned as a place of litigation in case of a dispute.
- One of your company’s managers resides in the USA.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
The US state courts subject-matter jurisdiction is very wide unlike that of the federal courts. Basically, the state courts can take any case which is not in the exclusive jurisdiction of the US Federal Courts.
Yes. The State Court of New York, as well as a court of any other US state can take any case except those that are under the exclusive jurisdiction of the US federal courts.
No. There are no such restrictions. US state courts can take any case without any limitations in terms of the amount at stake.
Yes. Sometimes jurisdiction of state courts will overlap with that of federal courts.
Usually, litigation goes faster in US federal courts.
WHAT WE DO
- How to Open a Business in the USA
- Trusts and Asset Protection
- Lawsuits in USA
- Bankruptcy and Subsidiary Liability in Russia